- Help Resources
- Contact Us
- For Instructors
- For Students
- Canvas First Steps & Tips
- For Academic Support Staff
- Canvas Feature/Functional Gaps List
- Moving to Canvas
- Migration Information
- CourseWork Retirement Information
- CourseWork Content Download Instructions
- Canvas Course Profiles
- Events & Workshops
- Event Archive
- Canvas Updates
- About Canvas
- Login to Canvas
Canvas Update – Spring 2018
We’re excited to announce several features and resources that have recently been released and share an update about upcoming enhancements for Spring quarter.
- Course Status Notification on Homepage – Publish Course Button
- Syllabus – Default Homepage for All New Courses
- Announcements Course Status Message – Publish Course Button
- Section-specific Announcements
- Modules – Export Course Content
- Gradescope – Resource Site
- New Design for Scheduler/Appointment Sign-ups
- Harmonize (Discussion Tool) – New Video Annotation Tool for Instructors
Course Status Notification on Homepage – Publish Course Button
If a course is unpublished you’ll see a notification message on the homepage indicating that the course is not published. You can click the “Publish Course” button to immediately publish your course and make it available to students.
Syllabus – Default Homepage for All New Courses
The Syllabus is now the default homepage for all new courses.
Announcements Course Status Message – Publish Course Button
Announcements will not be sent from an unpublished course. For unpublished courses, the Announcements page now indicates that the course is not published. You can click the “Publish Course” button to immediately publish your course.
View the Course Status for All Your Courses
You can view the status (published or unpublished) of all your courses:
- Click Courses on global navigation bar on left.
- Select All Courses (at the bottom of the course list).
- Check course status in the Published column on far right.
Section-specific announcements are now available. Check out this Stanford Go Canvas blog post for more information and to learn about additional enhancements to Canvas announcements.
Modules – Export Course Content
The “Export Course Content” button in Modules allows students to download module content for offline viewing.
Note: Students can download content whether the Export Course Content button is on or not. However, the button can be turned off under Settings with the Offline Content option, “Allow course content to be downloaded and viewed offline”
Gradescope – Resource Site
Gradescope is a tool that allows instructors to grade paper-based assignments online. Check out the Gradescope Canvas resource site if you’re interested in learning more about getting started with Gradescope.
New for Spring 2018
New Design for Scheduler/Appointment Sign-ups for Spring 2018
A new design for appointment sign-ups will be introduced for Spring 2018, making the process easier for students. This feature was previously known as the Scheduler within the global Calendar tool. Check out our Stanford Go Canvas Blog post for more information.
Harmonize (Discussion Tool) – New Video Annotation Tool for Instructors
Harmonize – Video Annotation Tool for Instructors