- Help Resources
- Contact Us
- For Instructors
- For Students
- Canvas First Steps & Tips
- For Academic Support Staff
- Canvas Feature/Functional Gaps List
- Moving to Canvas
- Migration Information
- CourseWork Retirement Information
- CourseWork Content Download Instructions
- Canvas Course Profiles
- Events & Workshops
- Event Archive
- Canvas Updates
- Canvas Roadmap
- About Canvas
- Login to Canvas
Course Navigation Menu Changes
On October 19 the Canvas course navigation menu got a new look. The menu changes are designed to help improve accessibility by sharpening contrast and using both color and visual indicators to define currently active menu items.
NOTE: Some course navigation menu items (e.g, “Settings” and some external tools like “Roster Photos” are not visible to students but will not display the crossed-out eye icon.) To check which navigation menu items are visible to students click Student View on the course Home page.
- The active menu link will be displayed in black text and marked with a vertical line.
- Hovering over a menu link will cause it to be underlined.
- A link that is not visible to students will be designated by a crossed-out eye ( ) icon . This replaces the light gray text formerly used to designate hidden links.
- If a link is hidden because it has no content, the tooltip will read “No content. Not visible to students.”
- If a link is hidden because it has been disabled in the Settings>Navigation tab, the tooltip will read “Disabled. Not visible to students.”