Canvas Update – Fall 2019
Here’s what’s new for Fall 2019:
- New Syllabus Design – Easier File Upload
- Stanford Well-Being Resources – Link on Dashboard
- Harmonize Discussion Tool – New Features
- New Canvas Gradebook Coming – Option to Turn On
- VPTL Canvas Road Map
The Stanford Canvas team implemented an improvement to the Syllabus tool in order to provide instructors an easier, more intuitive way to upload a single syllabus file. Guide: How do I add a syllabus?
Harmonize is a discussion tool that allows students to communicate, interact and engage more easily with one another. Harmonize supports richer discussion and collaboration by allowing you and your students to upload multiple files directly within posts and easily record audio and video comments.
New Harmonize Features for Fall 2019:
- @mentions in Text Editor
- Options for Visibility of Posts:
- Instructor & Student Only
- Anonymous Posts
- Student Must Post Before Seeing Other Posts & Comments
- Closed Captioning on Videos
- Zoom Integration
- Better Visibility of Notification Settings
- Student Annotation of Images & Video
Please let us know if you’d like to use Harmonize in your Canvas course.
A new gradebook design will replace the current gradebook in Winter 2020. For those of you interested in getting a head start with the new gradebook, it is available for use now. Read about the new features and updates: https://canvashelp.stanford.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360034611074-New-Gradebook-Coming-in-Winter-2020
Would you like to see what new Canvas features and enhancements the VPTL Canvas team is working on? Check out our VPTL Canvas Roadmap.