- Help Resources
- Contact Us
- For Instructors
- For Students
- Canvas First Steps & Tips
- For Academic Support Staff
- Canvas Feature/Functional Gaps List
- Moving to Canvas
- Migration Information
- CourseWork Retirement Information
- CourseWork Content Download Instructions
- Canvas Course Profiles
- Events & Workshops
- Event Archive
- Canvas Updates
- About Canvas
- Login to Canvas
CourseWork Content Download Instructions
1. Get the WebDav URL for your CourseWork site:
- Request access to the CourseWork archive site at courseworkarchive.stanford.edu.
- Go to your CourseWork site.
- Click the Materials tool (or Drop Box tool) in the left navigation bar.
- Click the “Upload-Download Multiple Materials” link at the top of the Materials (or Drop Box) page.
- Copy the WebDAV URL for your CourseWork site.
2. Download and install the CyberDuck application, if you have not already done so, at https://cyberduck.io. CyberDuck is a free, open source software compatible with Mac and Windows.
3. Make a WebDAV connection to your CourseWork site’s Materials (or Drop Box) tool using CyberDuck
- Open the Cyberduck application.
- In the Quick Connect field, paste in the WebDAV URL and press Enter.
- WARNING: If your WebDAV URL ends with a plus “+” sign, Cyberduck will fail to connect. You can get around this by changing the “+” to “%2B” in the Quick Connect field.
- When prompted, type in your username (SUNet ID) and password. If you get a ‘Login failed’ message before you get a chance to enter your username and password, make sure to uncheck the Anonymous Login option, then enter the information.
- Click Login.
4. You will now see a window that displays your CourseWork site’s Materials (or Drop Box) content. Drag and drop files to your local drive.