The following tools are visible in most courses (Schools and departments may have disabled some). Most are native to Canvas, but Roster Photos was developed by Stanford and Panopto and SCRIBE are third-party tools.
- Courses and Sections
- New Analytics
- Panopto Course Videos (Third-party tool. The Graduate School of Business, School of Medicine, and Continuing Studies Program have alternative tools to post video)
- Profile and User Settings
- Roster Photos + NameCoach
- SCRIBE (SensusAccess) (Third-party tool)
- Zoom (Third-party tool)
The following can be made visible by going to Settings >Navigation, dragging tool to active tool list, and clicking Save. Most of these are third-party tools, with the exception Attendance which was developed by Instructure, Canvas' parent company.
- Apporto (in this case, the tool you should drag is Windows Virtual Desktop and/or Mac Virtual Desktop)
- Attendance (Roll Call)
- Ed Discussion (recommend dragging native Discussion tool out of the active tool list to avoid confusion)
- Section<->Group (Stanford-developed)
There are a few tools that are approved for wide use or currently under pilot that require installation by support request. Learn more about the review process and requesting a new tool for approval.